All BrandsWomen of WorthTools & Consultationsheader>logo’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>header’,”);”>Sign In/RegisterWorth It Rewards
Your Shopping Bag (4 items)
You are $75 away from free shipping
Secure checkoutCheckout withPayPal×
Order Subtotal $Log In / Registerheader>logo’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>header’,”);” class=”narrow-logo”>Beauty BrandsWorth It RewardsWomen of WorthStore LocatorTools & Consultations#Lorealparispincartmailsearch Browse
Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
Log In / Register
- Some of our favorite awards shows take place in January. And that got us thinking: How is it that our favorite celebs always look so stunning as they walk down the red carpet during award show season? Of course, they have a glam squad of aestheticians, hairstylists, and makeup artists to turn them into the most beautiful versions of themselves. But even if you’re not an A-lister, you can still look equally as gorgeous. All it takes is a little know-how—and the right products. The next time you have a fancy event to attend—say you’re going to a black-tie wedding or you were invited to a gala—you can achieve a red carpet beauty look that would make even the biggest stars envious. Keep reading to find out how to prep for your own red carpet moment!
- 1. Exfoliate for Glowing SkinIf exfoliating isn’t part of your regular skin care routine, it’s time to get started! Why? Well, dull, uneven tone can make your skin look older. And, your skin’s natural ability to shed surface dead skin cells decreases as you age, which can lead to dark spots and an uneven complexion. What you can do: Add a peel pad into your routine. Try the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Bright Reveal Peel Pads, which are formulated with glycolic acid to help resurface dull, uneven skin tone and rough texture to reveal youthful-looking skin. The multi-ply textured pads also physically resurface dead surface skin cells for a brighter-looking complexion. To use, smooth a pad gently over your cleansed face at night.In the morning, be sure to use a sunscreen, because glycolic acid can cause skin to be sensitive to sunlight. Try the L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Bright Reveal Brightening Day Moisturizer SPF 30, which is formulated with glycolic acid, vitamin C, and Pro-Retinol. Apply sunscreen in the A.M. after cleansing—and remember to reapply every two hours!
- 2. Add Clay to Your Hair Care RoutineChances are, you’ve heard about the skin care benefits of clay (clay masks are all the rage after all!). But did you know that clay can also be beneficial to your hair, too? Yep, it can! Here’s what’s going on: Oil from your scalp can build up, causing your roots to look greasy, and products formulated with clay can help to absorb excess oil at your roots.Start your hair care routine with the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask. On dry hair, apply the mask and leave on for five minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Next, wash your hair with the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Shampoo and follow up with the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Conditioner. Leave the conditioner on for one to three minutes before rinsing once more.Need a little mid-day pick-me-up before your big soiree? Keep a can of the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expert Extraordinary Clay Dry Shampoo handy. It helps to absorb excess oil at the roots and instantly refresh hair. Hold the can six to eight inches away from your hair and spray it directly onto oily roots and lightly through the rest of your hair, brushing through.
- 3. Try a Bold New Hair HueIf you want all eyes on you, consider experimenting with a new hair color. One shade we’re loving right now: rose gold. Want to rock this trendy color? Try the L’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray in Rosegold, which washes out in just one shampoo. Rose gold not your style? This line of temporary hair colors comes in nine other shades: blue, gold, hot pink, pastel blue, pastel lavender, pastel mint, pastel pink, purple, and silver.
- 4. Wear Picture-Perfect FoundationIf you know you’re going to be snapping selfies all night long, you probably want your makeup to look its best, right? The key to any makeup look is foundation—because when your skin looks flawless, the rest of your makeup can shine. Try the L’Oréal Paris Infallible Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation, Lightweight, which is available in 30 shades. Once you find your perfect foundation shade, do as professional makeup artists do and apply it with a makeup blender.
- 5. Rock a Vibrant LipIf you’ve watched any red carpet coverage on TV, you know that saturated lip colors are totally in. Make a statement by wearing the L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature, Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick, available in 12 beautiful shades. From violet to fuchsia to brown to red, there’s a bold color with your name on it. To apply, outline your lips using the doe foot applicator, then fill them in. (And remember: Use a lip primer first so that you’re applying color to an even canvas!)
- 6. Lock Your Hairstyle in PlaceA night out on the town is the perfect excuse to try a new hairstyle. Whether you decide on an elegant braided updo, a chic chignon, or a voluminous blowout, one thing’s for sure: Spritzing on a hair spray after you’ve styled your hair can help to keep it in place while you work your red carpet moment. Try the L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold, which offers long-lasting hold and shine. Spray it in short bursts onto your hair from about 12 inches away.
- 7. Touch Up Your RootsLet’s be honest—gray hair is definitely not glamorous. Look red carpet ready by covering up those unwanted grays with a root touch-up product, like the L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Precision Pen. This particular product is perfect because of its size—you can slip it into your clutch if you run out of time and need to complete your beauty routine en route to the red carpet. First, rotate the bottom of the concealer counter-clockwise to dispense color. Then, lightly dab the brush onto dry hair using gentle, swift strokes to build and blend the color. Allow the product to dry for one minute and you’re good to go!
Shop Featured Beauty Tips Products
Bright Reveal Brightening Daily Peel Pads
Bright Reveal Brightening Day Moisturizer SPF 30
Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Mask
Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
Extraordinary Clay Conditioner
Extraordinary Clay Dry Shampoo
1-Day Spray Rosegold
Up to 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation, Lightweight
L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature, Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick
Extra Strong Hold
The latest beauty news, product samples and coupons in your inbox.
- footer>sitemap’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>Site Map
- footer>privacy’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>Privacy
- footer>privacy’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>Terms
- footer>privacy’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>User Content Permission Terms
- footer>privacy’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>Makeup.com
- footer>privacy’, ‘nav’,”,”,’s.prop3=nav>footer’);”>Skincare.com
© 2019 L’Oréal Paris
Back to top